On last Sundays’ ‘Peston on Sunday’ programme, it was reported that the British Electorate still believed that the Tories under Mrs May were about three times more capable of managing the Economy that Jeremy Corbyn’s Labour.
- Sterling having already lost about 20% of its value.
£5 per gallon petrol and diesel here we come…Good luck with a 2017 foreign holiday…Marmite up 12.5% at Morrisons (OK by me!)…
- Continuing closures and job losses by major employers
- Proportion of ‘Zero Hour’ contacts inexorably continue to increase
- Inflation on an upward spiral
- The Balance of Payments worsening (because we manufacture less and less as the years roll by)
- UK National Debt continuing to grow – with no end now in sight for its elimination.
- Heathrow Expansion ‘Decision’…not the best idea…and probably not going to happen anyway.
- Railfreight in serious decline - about a third of the workforce facing redundancy….meanwhile our roads are being clogged and wrecked by the volume of very heavy trucks.
- Southern / Thameslink railway – utter chaos with little improvement in sight.
- Contracts for new nuclear submarines and jet fighters all with US manufacturers – at prices far higher than the US military are paying for the same stuff. Wonder where the surplus goes…
- In Welwyn Hatfield, the Tory Council granting itself massive pay rises
What on earth could Labour do worse than this lot?