Happy 70th Birthday NHS!
On Saturday, Welwyn Hatfield Labour took to the streets in both Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield to give local residents the chance to share their stories, and thanks to our NHS Heroes for the past 70 years of service. Here’s to 70 years more!
But this was more than a celebration, we were told just how residents felt let down by the Government, and how the NHS should be getting the funding they desparately need to keep us healthy. We couldn’t agree more – that’s why:
A Labour Government will:-
- Fully fund our NHS and social care.
- End Tory privatisation and fragmentation by properly integrating health and social care services.
- Bring waiting lists down by guaranteeing treatment within 18 weeks and ensuring the 4 hour A&E waiting time is met.
- Give every child the best start in life by prioritising children’s health services.
- Expand mental health services, delivering genuine parity of esteem.
- Invest in modern equipment and facilities for the future.
Happy Birthday and get well soon from all of us at Welwyn Hatfield Labour.