Since we gave a virtual presentation last summer Resolve has continued to grow. We now have our ReStart programme up and running which we hope to expand further over the next few months.
ReStart is our partnership with Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council through the WHBC Housing First and Homeless initiatives put in place to tackle and end homelessness within the borough. We currently manage one HMO in Hatfield and have been given 8 rooms at Howlands House. Unfortunately the latter is due to be demolished very soon so we are currently looking for another HMO. There is the possibility that the council will provide us with a converted or purpose built premises with up to 15 rooms in the future.
If you know of anyone who is homeless; are a professional looking to refer into ReStart or member of the public seeking advice you can contact Resolve in several ways:
- By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01707 268221
- Our Homeless Navigator Outreach Team: 07982921813
- ReStart Homeless Manager: 07305838522
We have been continually delivering our drugs and alcohol services in Welwyn Garden City and Letchworth. Given a recent report that alcohol related deaths have increased by 16% this work is even more important than ever. We provide the following services tailored to fit in with covid restrictions to our clients:
- Psychosocial interventions through Zoom, telephone and limited, socially distanced, group therapy sessions
- A new structured day programme including face to face and Zoom group therapy sessions.
- Complementary Therapies including, Full Body Acupuncture every Friday by appointment 10.00am to 4.00pm, compliant with all safety measures and guidance followed at all times.
- One-to-one counselling through Zoom, telephone counselling and face to face.
- One-to-one Key Work support providing support and advice on housing, finance/debt management, employment support and advice, access to other services/joint work with agencies such as GPs, Mental Health and Raid and Crisis Teams and BeNCH CRC (probation), C2 provider, onward referral to mutual support, homeless/rough sleeping interventions/support.
Once we are through covid we shall be bringing back face to face Family/Carer’s Support Services including, weekly Support Group, One-to-one counselling, one-to-one Key Work support as above, trip, events and activities.
Unfortunately our café can only run a limited service thereby threatening its future.
Finally a plea; we are in desperate need of a trustee who can act as our treasurer. Given the growth of Resolve this role has become increasingly important and complex.
Steve Roberts – Chair of Trustees, Resolve
You can view our original article on the work of Resolve here.